Saturday, April 28, 2012

PERCEPTION



Saturday, April 28, 2012
I guess my mind is on overdrive, I see so many things in everything. Lay my face down and in the sheet design I see a perfect bird, yet the print is of a fruit basket. This is one reason that I can do cover-ups so well. I have always wondered how others see things. Many of the artists that create optical illusions have caught my attention for years. But in the goal to see how others see I had to see how others think. Years ago when I started people watching, the biggest problem is communication. Not so much the lack of, but the understanding of what they are trying to communicate. Simple that one sees it one way and the other sees it another way.
In this piece that I created years ago, I purposely turned it as I drew it. That would keep my perception changing. Over the years people have seen so many different things that I did not have “that idea “ when I drew it. But now that someone has said it I can see it and ever wonder how I could not have seen it before.

No comments: